Traveller and aspiring documentary photographer and writer, I’ve always had itchy feet. After studying English and German literatures and cultures both at home in France and abroad in Germany and in Scotland, I taught French at a high school in England for a year.
I’ve also travelled extensively in Europe, the Middle-East and Asia, with an inclination for alternative ways of travelling, such as hitchhiking, Couchsurfing and volunteering. From a real thirst for adventure, but first and foremost because those lead to more interactions with locals and thus a deeper understanding of the places I explore.
The passion for photography came naturally, as a way to remain creative while on the road and to become more engaged with the people and places I encounter. The human element is given centre stage in most of my work and I focus on portrait, street or documentary projects. All in all, I see photography as a great excuse to travel, a fantastic observation tool and an excellent medium to tell the stories of our world.
All enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Rezé Mensuel (France) : March 2019
– B&W Minimalism Magazine (Iran) : February 2018
Photography contests :
– Atout Sud Photo Festival contest : 1st prize (France, April 2019)
– International Photography Awards, category People/Culture, Honorable Mention (October 2018)
– The Independent Photographer, Travel Photo Award, Editors’ Picks (July 2018)
– The Independent Photographer, Street Photography Award, Editors’ Picks (February 2018)
– Festival Photo Atout Sud : March 15th – April 13rd 2019. “Young talent” of the 9th edition of the festival.
– Label Escale (Nantes, France) : February 13rd – 28th 2019. Extracts from the exhibition below.
– POL’n – Centre de compétences artistiques et culturelles (Nantes, France) : February 1st – 8th 2019. “Direction l’Orient en stop” : solo exhibition recounting my year-long overland journey from France to China.